Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Hearth and the salamander

This book started off a little confusing. after the first couple of pages i understood what was going on. the main point hit me when the girl he had become close with made the comment that one time there were porches for people to sit on and now they are banned. In this book the freedoms of people are taken away from them and hidden so well that most people dont stop to think whats going on. At first I thought this book was about about people that just burned books but it really goes much deeper then that. I think that the book is excellent so far. I am a little in shock about easily everybody is being run by the goverment. I hope that he can pull through with his plan and burn the fireman.

1 comment:

  1. Stephen,

    Interesting point about the porches. Some may view it as such a "throwaway" line but it really epitomizes what is wrong in Montag's society. I also find it significant that these ideas come from a young 17 year old girl--who is wise beyond her age.

    ReplyDelete